The Multimedia Specialist performs Audio Visual Event Coordination, Customer Interaction, and Equipment Operation in most categories of Technology, Audio, Video, and Recording with virtual conferencing platforms, projection systems, display devices, and AV control systems, including switching, routing, and interfacing.
** Ally AV Technicians are booked by-the-day. Book each day separately **
Ally AV wants and strives for excellence in service, relationship growth and experiences from our clients but also from our technicians. Life is about learning and growing from building upon day to day experiences. Ally encourages our staff to be proactive and to stay ahead of the constant change in technology, and the applications of this technology.
Ally AV has created several categories within the Competency and Proficiency Scale which include, but not limited to, the Basic, Intermediary, Advanced, and Expert AV Tech shown below.
Competencies and Proficiency Scale: Expert
Multimedia Specialist Skill Level Classification: Class 5 – Specialist
In addition to Class 4: Specialist, the AV Technician provides additional expert levels in audience experience and interaction by:
- Maintaining quality control of all event assets, ensuring all guest hosts, speakers, and moderators are represented correctly
- Continually looking for ways to enhance virtual event efficiency and suggestions for improvement
- Staying current with virtual conferencing platforms, projection systems, display devices, and AV control systems, including switching, routing, and interfacing
- Working collaboratively with information technology and internet services
- Handling multiple tasks and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment